Wonderful pedigree Siberian kittens sometimes available to loving INDOOR ONLY homes.
To go on my waiting list you will be required to pay a non refundable deposit of £100 to secure a place. (this comes off the overall cost of a kitten). On choosing your kitten a further £100 is required to reserve them and the balance payable on collection.
Sorry I no longer accept waiting list enquiries without a deposit.
Please contact me via my website !

Allergy testing available on request for a small fee

WARNING! Scammers on free advertising sites selling so called pedigree kittens for cheap, do not approach these people and go only to a registered breeder. I have also noticed people selling very young unvaccinated, unregistered kittens for cheap on these sites, again these type of kittens do not make great pets and are far to young to be rehomed, they most likely won't be purebred siberians either!

Information on my website 'adopting a kitten page' on why you should choose a reputable, registered breeder.

Wednesday, 18 January 2017

No available kittens

As is practically always the case. All my current kittens are reserved for my waiting list and are not available. For those not familiar with how i work i will explain briefly.

I operate a paid only waiting list. This opens at the end of one year and is normally closed once full. I only take a few names per litter to try and avoid people waiting too long. People are offered kittens in order of list with a wait of anything between 6-12 months.

why do i have a paid waiting list?

I believe that when choosing a kitten you have to start by good research. This involves finding a good breeder who has the right ethics you are looking for and then waiting for the right kitten. This is how i approached getting my first siberian as a show pet.  I have a waiting list so i can offer kittens to those who have chosen me as a breeder. I feel it unfair to not have a list and leave it to chance as those people wanting a kitten from me for specific reasons may miss out. It also benefits me and the kittens to know i have homes waiting. I can vet people in advance and it gives me added security to know these people have done their research. I only breed based on the homes waiting. If no one joined the list i would think twice about having a litter i may not find homes for.

The reason it is paid is because of numerous time wasters in previous years who put their names down with several people to increase the odds of getting a kitten but are not particularly fussed where they get one from. This then leaves me with reduced numbers of homes as most tend to go elsewhere and not tell you because someone else had kittens available first. I then have to worry about finding the right homes for my babies at short notice. The money paid comes off the total cost so you are not paying extra.

It is ofcourse fine if people have several breeders in mind but i prefer to let mine go to homes where people have chosen me specifically.

If you do not want to wait with one breeder then my system is not for you. The list tends to fill up fairly quickly and by the time i have kittens. When you see available next to my kittens this means available to the wait list. If by chance and its a big if i have kittens left offlist i will state such. This rarely happens. I had 1 kitten left in 2015 offlist and none in 2016 so you can see if you want one of my kittens you need to be prepared to wait on a list.

If this is not for you then you may be best going to someone who does not keep a wait list. However i would always advise to do your research carefully. There is alot of helpful advice on my website.

Please note my blog is upto date but my website is not in some areas such as pricing and current cats in breeding. I will update this via my web designer once i have time. Im busy decorating inbetween kittens this year and the previous 2 yrs i was busy studying so it has taken a back seat im afraid.

If you are interested in being a part of the Druzhina family and would like one of my kittens please see adopting a kitten page of website and scroll down to section on how to join the waiting list for rules on joining. You can see lots of pictures of my kittens on my blog by searching through past posts and you can also follow me on instagram and facebook under druzhina siberians.

I will be posting 2017 breeding plans soon. I have some new stunning cats in breeding this year and i am very excited to see the babies they produce

I look forward to hearing from you

Regards
Clare Ferris


No comments:

Post a Comment