Wonderful pedigree Siberian kittens sometimes available to loving INDOOR ONLY homes.
To go on my waiting list you will be required to pay a non refundable deposit of £100 to secure a place. (this comes off the overall cost of a kitten). On choosing your kitten a further £100 is required to reserve them and the balance payable on collection.
Sorry I no longer accept waiting list enquiries without a deposit.
Please contact me via my website !

Allergy testing available on request for a small fee

WARNING! Scammers on free advertising sites selling so called pedigree kittens for cheap, do not approach these people and go only to a registered breeder. I have also noticed people selling very young unvaccinated, unregistered kittens for cheap on these sites, again these type of kittens do not make great pets and are far to young to be rehomed, they most likely won't be purebred siberians either!

Information on my website 'adopting a kitten page' on why you should choose a reputable, registered breeder.

Tuesday, 19 April 2016

Welcome to the world litter Z

Dahlia gave birth to her 6th and final litter on the 14th April.  It was a small litter of only 2 kittens but both are good sizes. Small litters tend to occur the older a female gets. We have one of each sex the male being the biggest kitten I have bred so far. Daddy is Zhenda and I hope he will grow up to be daddies size. Both kittens are doing very well and mummy is content.  Both are brown mackerel tabbies and the female is a slightly pale golden brown colour especially on the head. Both kittens have nearly doubled their birth weights.  Normally you would expect them to double their weight after around the first week but then they have alot of milk available to them.  Dahlia has had some big litters in the past and they are a strain on mum and require extra feeding so small litters are easier all round and given her age it is nice for her to have an easy time with her last litter.

The female will be under observation to stay here.  I will be looking for the male kitten to ideally be rehomed with Dahlia and this offer will be given to my waiting list only. It is always sad to see cats retire and when they have been an integral part of my breeding (she has been with me from almost the start) its very sad to let them go.  Dahlia has been an amazing mother producing wonderful kittens in temperament and looks.  When you have a good cat that enjoys being a mum it is a great loss to your breeding but it is unfair to breed her for any longer.

People often ask why I do not keep retired cats.  As part of responsible breeding I do not keep retired cats as this creates high numbers of cats and undue stress not to mention it increases the risk of diseases due to overcrowding.  I have a duty to ensure I breed responsibly and keeps any risks to kittens low and ensure the welfare of my breeding cats is not compromised.  If I was to stop breeding then they would of course stay with me but as a breeder you have to be aware that for every kitten you keep for breeding an adult must retire.  You have to be quite harsh and set a limit on numbers of cats to limit risks.

Now for the exciting part.... baby pictures at birth



 Kittens at 5 days old.... female on the right... both little fatties




Female



male  



2 comments:

  1. Dear Clare
    Congratulations to Dahlia!
    Since she had the Z litter, please can you name one of the kittens Zennor? She would be overjoyed.
    Best wishes,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi i still have to look at names and as its a russian theme still i will have to see. I could use it for the girl as part of her name and maybe call her zen as a pet name if she stays :) hope you are all well x

    ReplyDelete