Wonderful pedigree Siberian kittens sometimes available to loving INDOOR ONLY homes.
To go on my waiting list you will be required to pay a non refundable deposit of £100 to secure a place. (this comes off the overall cost of a kitten). On choosing your kitten a further £100 is required to reserve them and the balance payable on collection.
Sorry I no longer accept waiting list enquiries without a deposit.
Please contact me via my website !

Allergy testing available on request for a small fee

WARNING! Scammers on free advertising sites selling so called pedigree kittens for cheap, do not approach these people and go only to a registered breeder. I have also noticed people selling very young unvaccinated, unregistered kittens for cheap on these sites, again these type of kittens do not make great pets and are far to young to be rehomed, they most likely won't be purebred siberians either!

Information on my website 'adopting a kitten page' on why you should choose a reputable, registered breeder.

Friday, 8 June 2012

Litter I Dahlia's babies Born 7/6/12

Just a quick note to say Dahlia gave birth to her babies yesterday evening around 6pm, she gave birth to a fairly big litter of seven kittens again (she had seven last year) and these kittens are mainly silver tabbies with a couple of brown tabbies. We have 5 boys and 2 girls. All of the kittens are fine apart from one brown tabby boy who was born with an umbilical hernia type defect. The abdominal area had ruptured and so he had to have emergency surgery this morning at only 12 hours old to close the defect. The operation seemed to go well and he recovered from the anaesthetic and is back home with mum and litter mates, he seems to be strong and nursing well and I hope he continues to do well. It was a very nervous time for me as giving an anaesthetic to an animal of this age has great risks along with surgery and I am amazed he made it through I was expecting him to pass away under anaesthetic. Equally scary as it was myself monitoring his anaesthetic which is no easy task in a kitten so young and small. The next few weeks will be touch and go and he will need careful monitoring to ensure he is growing well and not showing signs of any other problems. All the other babies seem healthy with no defects visible and are good weights. Mum is being great but every protective so no pictures just yet im afraid. More news to follow soon and I hope you will all pray for our little fighter that he grows to be big and strong over the next few weeks. A happy time but also a very sad and worrying time. Breeding brings highs and lows and although I have had very few kitten mortality issues over the four years of breeding it is always hard when things like this happen, I keep everything crossed for this little man.

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Mum & Dad, hope your little fighter recovers well they are so fragile but still so very strong I'm sure Mum will take care of him.

    Julie & Keith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you happy but also very sad time, he has the best chance but will have to see, he is strong and feeding now and thats the most I can hope for :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done to mummy, and to you Clare for coping with all of the upset, your kittens are so lucky to have you. Hope all goes well for all the babies and sending u our thoughts and special prayers that the next few weeks are happy ones

    Elaine & John
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both for your kind words, always very hard not to worry, all I can do is my best and yes he is in the best hands with plenty of medical attention available if needed. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another Magnificent Seven! Congratulations to Dahlia and best wishes for a speedy recovery for the little boy. I look forward to seeing photos of the kittens and of Dahlia as soon as she is happy for you to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both my boyfriend and I are cheering on your little fighter's recovery. We really do hope he makes it through!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you both and yes kathy can you believe another 7 litter :) Fighter (poorly kitten) is doing really well at present, he has gained weight and if feeding infect everytime I go to look at them he is the one always suckling and fighting wor a teat with the other kittens so it is looking promising, he is strong and I hope this continues x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to Dahlia on another great litter. I can't wait to see photos. I hope the little boy grows big and strong following his surgery. His grandma and grandpa Delta and Titan send their best wishes. xx melanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Melanie for the kind words, he is coping well which is all I can wish for. Dahlia is alittle trooper and such a good mum with her rather large brood once again, some lovely babies and a couple of big silvers, I can't wait to see them grown up either some nice pale silvers with Boris as the dad :) Congrats on your new litter, hope the move wasn't to stressful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Clare we hope your little fighter is still winning his battle and that his brothers and sisters are doing well too.

    Julie. and Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi yes he is doing well, I will be updating blog hopefully tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete